Top 5 cooling refreshment providing events for IT Managers, Project Managers, and Business Analysts to network at this Summer
As the weather gets balmy, many of us in the IT community go on the hunt to quench our thirst with a drink at a microbrew festival, Oktoberfest, or local matsuri.
Here are the top 5 places to find other IT professionals dealing with the heat by getting delicious refreshments.
5. Meguro Sanma Matsuri (Japanese Only)
Date: September 8th (Early September every year)
Time: From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Place: Meguro street (On the opposite side from Tanjō Hachiman Shrine)
Address: 2 Chome-13-36 Kamiosaki, Shinagawa, Tokyo
Date: September 14th - 16th
Place: Osanbashi Hall at Yokohama Port
Started: Since 2006
*9,500 beer enthusiasts are expected this year.
3. Nakameguro Summer Matsuri (Japanese Only)
Date: August 3rd (1st Day)
- Awa Odori - The ceremony starts at 5:30 pm, and is mostly classic mikoshi style matsuri music, dance, and costume.
August 4th (2nd day)
- The ceremony starts at 5:30 pm, and is modern fusion with modern music, dance, and futuristic costume.
2. ARK HILLS SOUTH TOWER ROOFTOP LOUNGE BBQ BEER GARDEN (Japanese Only)
Date: April 22nd - October 14th
Address: ARK HILLS SOUTH TOWER ROOFTOP Skypark, 1–4–5, Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Access: 1 min walk from Roppongi-itchome Station (Tokyo Metro Namboku Line)
Hours: 5:30 pm – 11:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
12:00 pm – 11:00 pm (Saturday)
12:00 pm – 10 pm (Sunday & Holidays)
5:30 pm – 11:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
3:00 pm – 11:00 pm (Saturday)
3:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Sunday & Holidays)
Budget: 5,000 – 10,000 JPY
If you’re looking for any, or all of the below, this is your spot!
- An Outstanding Metropolitan Luxury Space
- Opulent Luxury Spaces
- Poolside dining and drinking
- Night Pool to keep you cool
Date: July 12th – September 7th
Time: 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Entrance closes at 9:00 pm)
- For hotel guests: ¥2,000 per adult / ¥1,000 per child
- Other guests: ¥10,000 per adult / ¥8,000 per child
(Weekends, Holidays and August 10th - August 15th)
- For hotel guests: ¥2,000 per adult/¥1,000 per child
- Other guests: ¥12,000 per adult/¥10,000 per child
* The NIGHT POOL shall close every Sunday.
(The NIGHT POOL shall be open on August 11th and 18th).
* Guests who have already entered the pool prior to 6:00 pm may continue to use it.
Summers in Japan are quite muggy, and sometimes finding the motivation to get out there can be a struggle. Hopefully these ideas will inspire you to get out there and find some cooling refreshments to help you beat the heat!