Morgan McKinley in the 2020 FIT for Charity Run
The 15th annual FIT for Charity Run (Financial Industry in Tokyo For Charity Run) was held on Sunday, January19th.
We gathered at Tokyo’s Kaigakan Art Gallery at the Meiji Jingu Gaien area. The route is part of the National Stadium which will be the main venue for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
It was a cool sunny day, the perfect weather for this 10K Charity Run. Over 5,100 runners from financial services and 111 financial service-related firms came together to raise a total of JPY 55, 554,017 (approximately Euro 455,000). An elite squadron of five from Morgan McKinley Tokyo contributed to the cause as well!
What is the FIT for Charity Run?
The Financial Industry in Tokyo (FIT) for Charity Run was started in 2005 by a group of finance and financial-related companies in Tokyo that were prompted to do something meaningful for the community following the devastating 2004 Sumatra earthquake and tsunami. Funds raised from the run are distributed to local community organizations, which serve important but not necessarily well-recognized or understood needs.
How does FIT select charity organizations?
FIT supports local charity organizations in the Kanto area (greater Tokyo area). It is not committed to a single cause, but prefers to support a wide range of causes.
FIT will solicit nominations from its member companies for charities.
In 2020, eight beneficiary organizations were selected:
Morgan McKinley believes in FIT philosophy.
The Charity Run is “intended to be a powerful expression of the financial industry’s collective commitment to making a positive contribution to the community, to foster teamwork within firms (us included) and to build relationships across the industry.”
We have participated in the run every year since 2013.
It has become our annual tradition to be a part of this great event. FIT for Charity Run is one of our commitments in CSR . Our purpose is to improve the lives of the people we work with. We believe we have the opportunity to improve the careers and companies of the people we work with (our clients, our candidates and ourselves). We also try to go further than anyone else to help.
Morgan McKinley was awarded CSR Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International in 2018. The RI Awards is the world's biggest recruitment industry awards contested all over the world including the UK, China, the Middle East, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
In 2014, we launched Morgan McKinley Million CSR program where we, as a global company, pledge to donate the value of €1,000,000 to communities globally by 2020.
Here in Morgan McKinley we all made pledges to do more, pledges to give back something to society by helping others in our communities and countries. Each office worldwide has a CSR committee. The Tokyo office has been highly active in its own corporate social responsibility.
Here are some of our CSR activities carried out in 2019:
- Valentine's Day Bake Sales: We contributed to Forest Project of the village shrine
- International Women’s Day fundraising: We contributed to the Japan Cancer Society
- Interview work for students: We worked with Junior High students to help them prepare for their high school interviews.
- Team Up to Clean Up: We cleaned up the space around our Kamiyacho Office of trash and debris.
- Pub Quiz Night: We contributed to Mirai no Mori (for disadvantaged children in Japan)
- Spartan Race: The world’s most challenging obstacle race united with fundraising partner Everydayhero to benefit 40 official charity partners.
- Rugby World Cup Charity Sweepstake: We contributed to Mirai no Mori (for disadvantaged children in Japan)
- Book Drive: We contributed to Room to Read; NPO focus girls' education and children's literacy in Asia and Africa
- Movember: We grew our moustaches during the month of November to raise awareness of men’s health issues.
- Recruiters Cup: One Day Charity Futsal Tournament to support NPO TRACOS. TRACOS runs soccer schools and holds sports events for children with learning disabilities / difficulties.
Although our elite squadron did not quite make the podium, we are very sure Morgan McKinley Tokyo will be the part of 2021 FIT for Charity Run, too. You can learn more about FIT and how to participate at FIT for Charity.
Hope to see you at the next run!