MD Specialist for Sartorial European Brand
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
- Job Salary:
- JPY 6M - JPY 7M
- Wednesday 2nd, May 2012
We are Morgan McKinley. Talk to us.
Within the approved buying strategy, select items of the collection that best suits the needs of the local market, through qualitative sales performance analysis and the other information gathered (i.e. competitors, price levels etc.). During the season, monitors sales results and stocks and proposes the assortment adjustments, to contribute to the achievement of business goals.
- Implement merchandising strategies for maximizing sales potential within each product category by shops.
- Develop and monitor assortment strategies, and work with Retail managers and Store Managers to influence customers to follow the strategies.
- Insure the implementation of merchandising procedures.
- Closely and effectively work together with Retail/Sales Div to improve sell - out ratio of the products among shops, based upon brand image and style.
- Make sure by working with Business Support Team and Retail/Sales Div in order to maximize sales through assortment rotations among shops, and to rebalance product selection/allocation and improve sell-out through transfers among shops.
- Collaborate with key teams such as Retail/Sales, Marketing/PR, VMD, Business Support and Stores to achieve local business goals.
- Plan and control seasonal purchase, inventory status and sell out ratio under the supervision of Senior MD Mgr.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Merchandising Tailoring & Furnishings (suits, ties & shirts) in Japan: Experience with Senmonten or maybe younger oriented tailoring brand; etc. Retail (in-store) experience a positive.
- Passion for high quality menswear
- Fluent in Japanese with good English, or fluent in English with good Japanese
- Excellent Interpersonal / cross-functional collaboration skill
- Excellent analytical skill
- Flexibility to respond to changing business needs
- Mobility - Requires international/domestic travel