VMD / Studio Design, Staff or Manager <Top cosmetics and fashion brand>
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
- Job Salary:
- Tokyo 23 wards
- JPY 9M - JPY 10M
- Thursday 31st, May 2012
We are Morgan McKinley. Talk to us.
Responsible for VMD and Studio Design, you will maximize enhancement of the brand image by managing the quality of corner design and merchandising, and create a retail environment which promotes business development in terms of brand image and retail functionality.
- Prepare corner design/layout proposal in line with the central and regional guideline, and communicate internally and externally from approval to execution, including negotiations with department stores.
- Manage the vendors and contractors throughout the process and implementation, including cost estimation.
- Manage and take actions on maintenance of corner fixtures and equipment including procurement and stock control.
- Manage to develop new design elements based on the regional guideline with local technical specifications.
- Maintenance of existing counters including procurement and stock management (fixtures and equipment) and take appropriate action whenever necessary.
- University major in architecture or design
- Minimum 7 years in any of the following: VMD at cosmetic brand or related company, store design or architectural firm, Interior design, events and promotions agency, industrial/product design firm
- PC: Vector Works experience is a must, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator
- CAD experience preferred.
- Experience with design presentation and production using acrylic material preferred.
- People management skills
- Strategic planning agility to conceptualize and implement short and long term goals.
- Action oriented negotiation and communication, building effective team, customer focus, integrity and trust.